Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Q.1

Hi people out there, I am Paul Nicolle, a Nambour Christian College school blogger. I have been instructed to let all of you guys know about “sacred space”.

I’ll start you off by telling you what I think my version of sacred space is. Sacred space is a form of area surrounding an object or a person. Places or things can be classified as sacred space as well that is because that must be a great importance to whom it belongs to. Most times in life sacred spaces are easy to identify for example; if you go somewhere in the world, a person is likely to be very protective of an area or thing because they feel a connection with it That is one sign that they feel strongly about that place or thing, implying that it is special to them. I believe this is because the people that are associated with a those rituals, people or things. Just like Christians cherish there churches, the Catholics cherish the Pope and the Chinese worship the idol; Buddha. You might agree or disagree with some of these practices but with a lot of these religions these sacred items or people are the only things spritely linking them between them and their God. So therefore, I think that sacred space is an area that we as mortals beings believe links us between a force more powerful than ourselves to be precise our gods whom ever they may be.

1 comment: